The suicide prevention center is a not-for-profit community organisation whose mission is to act upon de problem of suicide by developing activities and programs which promote prevention, intervention, and postvention with the end goal of helping suicidal individuals, their entourage, and those bereaved by suicide, as well as encouraging a community-wide involvement in suicide prevention.
- Reduce suicidal behaviours by intervening directly with suicidal individuals and their entourage;
- Diminish the impact of a suicide by helping those bereaved;
- Improve the community’s involvement on all levels by raising awareness, providing information, and by educating.
- Increase dialogue and pool the efforts for prevention in the region;
- Develop our knowledge of self-destructive behaviours as well as best practices for intervention.
- 24/7 phone services:
- intervention for suicidal individuals;
- support for the entourage of a suicidal individual (friends, family, colleagues);
- support for individuals bereaved by suicide;
- support to professionals working with a suicidal individual;
- Short-term face-to-face follow-ups:
- For suicidal individuals
- For individuals bereaved by suicide
If you have any questions regarding our services, or if you are worried about yourself or a close one, please feel free to call our 24/7 phone-line: